How Do Recessed Wall Niches Work?
A wall niche is a decorative cabinet box that installs into your wall. These versatile spaces sit nestled between your wall studs, helping you enjoy extra space in any room. They are suitable for installation just about anywhere in the home, including hallways, stairways, bathrooms and kitchens.
Drywall sits on studs, and the most popular stud size is 2×4. Between the studs is wide open space, and you can install a display niche in that space. On the outside, the trim sits almost flush with your wall for a clean and attractive appearance. Installation is easy, and you can have your wall niche up in just a few steps.
How Do You Install a Recessed Wall Niche?
With a few hand tools, you can install a wall niche and get a finished product that looks like it came built into your home. You’ll need a pencil, a tape measure, a jab saw and some construction adhesive. Once you have your supplies, follow these three steps:
- Mark your area: Using the back of the cabinet box for a size reference, measure and mark your lines on the wall. It’s easier if you work around your studs. Use a stud finder to locate yours beforehand to avoid any snags.
- Cut the hole: With your lines marked, grab your jab saw and start cutting. You can use the pointed tip to dig into the wall, then cut down the line until it’s complete. Keep a grip on the piece you’re cutting out so it doesn’t fall behind.
- Insert the display niche: Run a bead of construction adhesive along the back of the frame and slide your wall niche into place. To make things look even more seamless, you can run a bead of caulk around the seam when you’re done.
Custom Wall Niches Made From Solid Wood
At WG Wood Products, we build custom wall niches using 100% solid pine. Wood wall niches look and last better than products made from cheaper materials, and you can paint or stain your wall niche to keep it looking fresh. When you order from us, you can customize a range of details to create a one-of-a-kind niche:
- Size: Select a standard size or enter custom dimensions for height, width and depth.
- Finish: Choose from over a dozen paint and stain finishes or use our color matching services.
- Design: You can select the frame that borders your wall niche and add LED lighting if desired.
Order Your Wood Wall Niche Today
Start customizing any of our wall niches today. If you need help or have a few questions, fill out our contact form to get in touch or call 913-829-6000.